Pay Equity Analyses and AuditsPosted May 01, 2018 by: HRS
There is no "one-size-fits-all" approach when it comes to analyzing pay. Pay systems are unique to every municipal organization, in every state; and fair and equal pay laws vary by each State. On July 1, 2018 the new Pay Equity Law takes effect in Massachusetts. Pay/Classification and Equal Pay for Comparable Work has been the hallmark of our consulting practice for thirty years. It is only natural for us at HRS, a woman-owned-business, to expand our services to the next level of analysis for our MA clients.
In addition to our pay and classification work which is grounded in internal equity, job analysis, job evaluation, and skills comparisons, HRS can also provide specialized pay equity technical assistance to:
- Identify factors influencing pay
- Compile data for analysis (data relevant to employee pay)
- Perform a variety of statistical analyses
- Conduct comprehensive Pay Equity Audits
- Establish tools and methods to maintain fair pay
- Determine what pay adjustments are necessary to ensure pay equity
- Work with local officials or a designated project team to develop strategic compensation
- Conduct evaluations of pay practices
- Develop a compensation administration program
- Review management processes to help minimize bias and disparity in the workplace
Pay Equity has an affect on policies, procedures and other compliance areas too. Pay Equity Audits can help guide the municipality to minimize risk. We can update policies and procedures to reflect the new law; recommend methods and tools for analysis. Finally, we can provide the necessary trainings and technical advice.